GRWM: Friend's 50th Birthday Party

October 07, 2016

Please excuse the poor phone quality photos - I was going to edit them to make it look nicer, but then I though it best to leave it as it is #filterfree haha

So last night I went to a family friend's 50th birthday party. I had so much fun, and it was great to see the people there as we hadn't seen them in at least 18 months - they live 2 hours away :( . It was a fab opportunity to dress up and get all glam- I haven't been able to wear make up for the past couple of weeks as it has been hard to access while my brother and I swapped rooms, so it was great to be able to get my hands on it again!

Anyways, without further ado, here is what I wore and put on ma face!

..............................................................................................................................

We don't have a full length mirror in my house and I can't really take OOTD's by myself so until I wear the outfit again and can get a picture of the full outfit taken this will be an outfitless post... :) . I wore a blue chiffon lacy playsuit I found in a charity shop find originally from BooHoo (similar- minus the button up front and the fact it's crochet not lace...) and the shoes are a new find from New Look - they may not be the highest, but I'm a size 4 so they felt like 6 inch platforms haha- plus it meant I didn't have to go bear foot half way through the night.   




I am a massive nail art fan - though not imaginative to come up with my own designs. These were copies of two original pictures by very talented bloggers I found on google images, and despite my lack of proper tools (I am a pencil nail art user) they came out quite well (and are yet to chip - they've been on 24 hours, this is a miracle haha!). Oh please excuse the messy edges, I normally pick it off my skin instead of properly cleaning it up with a brush and nail polish remover, its like PVA glue for adults! I won't link the nail polishes used as I used loads and some colours are mixed, sorry.
Now can you guess the party's theme??





As I wear glasses 24/7 this is how people will have actually seen my eye makeup, I intend on including a picture of me in glasses for all my looks, so now you know why hehe

I am soooo pleased with how this turned out! Yes it took two attempts, and yes it was supposed to be a blue version of this video by TheMakeupChair, but hey that is the best inner corner eyeliner I have done in a long time!! While blue is not a colour you would expect to be worn by us brown eyed lot, my play suit was blue as you have seen and I really wanted to pick that out. Plus, by darkening that outer corner and adding the pop of gold on the lids, the blue isn't too obvious. Oh and for a loose link to the theme- blue eyeshadow was a 70's staple ;) 

Product list: 
Face- L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer; Nars Sheer Glow Foundation; Rimmel Stay Matte Powder; Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer; MUA Pro-Base conceal and brighten palette (for highlight and concealer)
Eyes- MUA Pro-Base Eye Primer; Estee Lauder Eyeshadow in 68. Nocturnal (inner and outer third of eye); Make Up Revolution eyeshadow, shade 6 in Redemption Palette Iconic 3 (centre of eyelid) (this pattern of eyeshadow was repeated on lower lash line); A mixture of shade 12 in the MakeUp Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 and the matte black eyeshadow from the Speziale palette by Per Una in the outer 'V' of the eye; Soap and Glory Super Cat Eyeliner; Estee Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner in 01 Blackened Black; Maybelline Black Waterproof Lash Sensational Mascara.
Brows- Grey/Taupe eyeshadow in Avon's Tiger Eye Palette; Collection Work the Colour Clear Mascara 
Lips- Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Tiger Eye



That's all for now folks, if you would like a full step-by-step post on the make-up look, then please just request it below!

June x

P.S. If you have a moment, one of my friend's at the party has co-founded a film company called Pale Raven Pictures. They have just released their first short film, which is intended to be a trilogy. If you have an hour to spare and are bored of watching the same old thing on YouTube you can check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmdMuL_Rmp8

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe