Avant Garde Graphic Eye Look

June 28, 2017

I've been wanting to create more interesting looks for a while now, and Katie Jane Hughes' call for graphic eye looks to be featured on her new Instagram @83pages (which I am obsessed with btw), seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a go. Her ethos is all about a beautiful glossy base, and is something so blooming refreshing on Instagram it really gets the creative juices going! (I mean see some of her stuff below 😍)



Anyways, enough free promo for my current makeup artist obsession, and onto the look:






For the first three  pictures I have edited the blocked out brow completely to show how it would look if I had properly covered them up with prit-stick etc, instead of going for the easier-to-remove but less effective soap brow method and had a heavier duty concealer to hand.




I've finally found a use for my un-tamable hair- this model like birds-nest of a ruffle 😂



What's interesting about these last two pictures is that they really show the effect mascara has on the face. On the left, with mascara on only the bottom lashes, the eyes look droopy, while on the right, with mascara only on the top lashes, the eyes look wide and open - NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF MASCARA!😂


-----------------------------------------

Products Used

Face- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder

Brows - I used the soap brow technique to quickly (and lazily, cause removing prit-stick from your brows is a lot harder than removing soap) and badly block out my eyebrows. I also used the same powder and concealer as on my face to conceal them once they had been flattened down with the soap and a brow brush. However, my brows are so thick that blocking them out completely is basically impossible with out a heavy duty (i.e. stick/cream) concealer I don't currently own - hence the use of some computer editing in some of these photos :) 

Eyes - MUA Intense Colour Eye Liner Pencil in Snow White to create the initial shape so the blue would show up more (and cause I couldn't find my blue eye pencil...) and then the No7 Eyeshadow in 05 Island Sea (V. Old, probably discontinued now) packed on over the top with a flat shadow brush. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara applied heavily for a clumpy effect. 

Lips - Rimmel Apocalips in 600 Nude Eclipse (probably discontinued). Alternatively, you could just use concealer, but as the wand of mine had touched my soapy brows, I didn't really want to risk getting soap near my mouth...


----------------------------------------

If you recreate this look, be sure to tag me on Instagram and Facebook @rougebyjunekonrad (and follow me while you're at it!)
Have you ever attempted a more artsy makeup look before? If not, would you consider giving it a go? There is more to makeup than it simply being a way to hide spots after all....

June xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe