Prom Week- Old Hollywood/Vintage 50s Inspired Look

June 15, 2017


Oh my gosh, its a non-smokey eye prom look! Yes, yes I know, you thought this day would never come, but I have in fact got a simple, old Hollywood/classic vintage 50s inspired makeup look for you today - perfect for those of you who prefer a lighter look, or are sporting a classic up do. Its very quick and easy to do and its simplicity means that won't take away from your stunning outfit or intricate hairstyle - Have one focus to your look, not multiple, clashing ones :) Anyways, without further adieu, here is how to recreate this look:


1) Eyeshadow



For a change from my go to brown, I opted to use a small amount of this mauve colour to add definition and depth to the eye. I applied it through the outer half of my crease and built up the intensity on the outer corner of the eye with a fluffy blending brush.

2) Eyeliner



For the ultimate vintage feel, I finished off the makeup with some winged eyeliner. Out of preference I kept it thicker and shorter, but do what ever style you prefer. If you do your eye makeup before the rest of your makeup, if you mess up you can remove and redo your eyeliner, safe in the knowledge that you only have to redo 2 steps :) Add some mascara to finish - false lashes would make the look a lot bolder, but I don't own any so can't demo the look with them; as with all these looks, adapt it to you personal preference :) 

Here come the selfies...





Say what?! She remembered glasses pictures today 🎉🎉


-----------------------------------------------------------

Product List

Base Makeup 

- NYX Born to Glow Illuminating Primer
- Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- For blush I lightly used the Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer
For brows, I used my usual mix of Shade 3 from the discontinued Avon Tiger Eyes Palette, and the Collection Colour Lash Clear Mascara
- Benefit High Beam (I used a highlighter to add a fresh, dewy look to skin to modernise this classic look. Take trial pictures of this look before hand (with and without flash) if you go for a non-matte finish to check that it will photograph ok)


Eye Makeup

- MUA Pro-Base Eye Primer
- Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave Palette, using the eyeshadow Drama Queen
- Soap and Glory Super Cat Eyeliner
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in Extra Black

Lips

- An old H&M Red Lipstick (similar)


Last one tomorrow - hasn't the week flown by! If you're going to prom have an amazing time, and be sure to tag me @rougebyjunekonrad (on Facebook and Instagram) if you use one of the looks from this week :)


June xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe